8.09.2013

Yarn and Tea

In my mind, nothing goes together better than yarn and tea. In the winter (and Fall and Spring), I love knitting chunky, wooly hats and scarves and sweaters while sipping hot tea from my favorite teacup. Well, one of my favorite teacups.

Too many choices.

In the summer, when I'm cranky and hot, I knit smaller and lacy things and drink iced tea. My current favorite is mango ceylon. I also love coconut oolong and my herbal mint blend. I make a big carafe of double-strength tea in the morning, add honey (or not), and pour it over ice throughout the day. My preferred summer teacup is actually a mason jar:

   
Knitting mini-man socks and waiting for tomatoes to ripen.
The natural pairing of yarn and tea led me to start the Yarn + Tea Club four years ago. Here are a few from the past. And then this guy happened in 2010, so I took a break from the yarn clubs. But now Yarn + Tea is back! It's a little different this time...

August Summer Yarn + Tea kit includes a fun project bag!

The first exciting change: you don't have to subscribe to 3 months. Each month is its own Yarn + Tea Kit. The second big change: a new handmade project bag. I used to include a bunch of paper goods or even candy, but a project bag is more practical and can hold the whole kit together. I can't compete with sample boxes and I'm all about simplicity and functionality, so this really reflects what Bumblebirch is all about.

The things that haven't changed: the yarn is first-run or exclusive to the club. This month, the yarn is a brand new colorway inspired by summer which will be available to everyone in the Fall. The tea is still very high quality and comes in a 4oz tin, which should last about a month. The most important thing that hasn't changed is it's all a surprise! I might drop a hint here and there, but the flavor of the tea, the yarn colorway, and the project bag all coordinate and are a surprise each month. The new Yarn + Tea Kit makes a great gift, and it's all bundled up in a bright project bag instead of wrapping paper.

So it's time to pour a cup of tea—over ice, of course!—and get started on a new project. Tell me your favorite summer tea in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment