2.20.2010

Spring Non-Sock Patterns for Sock Yarn

Fingering weight yarn is usually called sock yarn even though that's not its only use, and that certainly isn't the only weight of yarn suitable for knitting socks. Somehow when sock-knitting fever started spreading, it became more popular to call fingering weight yarn sock yarn so that potential sock knitters could find it more easily. Now, I love knitting socks, but I'm a little tired of them now that Spring in here. Time for other uses! Here are some of my current favorites for Spring:


Little Sister's Dress by Tora Froseth
Ravelry Link :: Website Link
I've actually got this one on the needles at the moment, in a lovely Bumblebirch colorway called "Hydrangea." It's a gift for my godsister's new baby girl.



Sartje's Booties by Saartje de Bruijn
Ravelry Link :: Website Link
Ok, I admit I totally have baby on the brain. I'm 3 1/2 months along myself. Can you blame me? I mean, look at these wee booties! For wee baby feet! And those wee buttons? It's killing me!



Brandywine Shawl by Rosemary Hill
Ravelry Link :: Website Link
This shawl is sweet and simple, with a touch of femininity. The designer is donating $5 of each pattern sale to Doctors without Borders for their work in Haiti.



Myrtle Cardigan by Snowden Becker
Ravelry Link :: Website Link
Who doesn't love a beautiful lace cardigan? It's perfect for layering.



Endpaper Mitts by Eunny Jang
Ravelry Link :: Website link
These are such stunning little mitts! Perfect for not-quite-cold/not-quite-warm weather. I consider fingerless mitts to be a staple of the layering wardrobe, and with endless color combinations these be the perfect Spring or Fall accessory.



Haruni by Emily Ross
Ravelry Link
Another beautiful lace pattern suitable for fingering weight yarn. This one is so feminine and pretty, it's on my queue!



Doughnut by Dorien
Ravelry Link :: Website Link
Breakfast time!

No comments:

Post a Comment